Anything Goes + Cider Festival 2017 - Churnet Valley Railway Events Calendar-
Join us for the Churnet Valley Railway's next enthusiast event, as the line continues its 25th Anniversary events. The weekend of 23/24/25 June 2017 will see the line host its annual summer gala, with the addition of a Cider Festival for 2017! The home fleet will be operating an intensive services along the Churnet Valley line, including operations late into the evening on Friday & Saturday.
- TKh no. 2944 "Hotspur"
- USATC S160 no. 5197
- BRCW Class 33 no. 33102 "Sophie"
- BR Class 08 no. 08633 (*subject to completion of repairs)
- YEC Janus no. 2748 "Roger H Bennett"
- Shunter Hauled services (Saturday & Sunday only)
- 08633 First Ever Passenger Services in Preservation*
- Janus 2748 first public service since 2009
- Cheddleton Engine Shed open to visitors - View overhaul of LMS 8F no. 48173
- Churnet Valley's first ever Cider Festival
- Friday Evening 33 mileage for £7!
- Saturday Evening 33 service
FROGHALL MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT
- Friday Evening = Mike Gledhill Acoustic Show (6.30pm-9.30pm)
- Saturday & Sunday Afternoon = Well Travelled Band (1.30pm-5.30pm)
- Saturday Evening = Sixties Survivors Saturday Night (6.00pm-9.30pm)
- Saturday + Sunday available to download >here<
BAR OPENING TIMES
- Froghall: 2pm-11pm (Fri) / 12pm-11pm (Sat) / 12pm-6pm (Sun)
- Cheddleton: 2pm-8pm (Fri) / 12pm-6pm (Sat + Sun)
- Broadoaks, Bristol : Moonshine 7.5% / Perry 5.0%
- Celtic Marches, Bishops Frome : Lily the Pink 4.5% / Thundering Molly 5.2%
- Cockeyed, Cullompton : Monkey Mango 4.0%
- Gwynt y Draig, Pontypridd : Two Trees Perry 4.5% / Fiery Fox 4.5%
- Lilley's, Frome : Crazy Goat 6.8%
- Lyme Bay, Axminster : Undercurrant 4.0% / Sundown 4.0%
- Orchard Pig, West Bradley : Explore 4.5%
- Sheppys, Taunton : Farmhouse 6.0% / Raspberry 4.0%
- Snailsbank, Worcester : Elderflower G&T 4.5%
- Thistle Cross, Dunbar : Whisky Cask 6.0%
- Weston's, Ledbury : Old Rosie 7.3%
- Plus CVR's in-house bottled Real Ales
- The Signal Cabin Tearooms at Froghall will be serving freshly prepared food and drink all weekend. Arrive early and enjoy an Engineman’s breakfast to start off your day!
- Consall station will be offering light refreshments from their restored tea trolley on the platform throughout the weekend.
- The Goods Shed Tearooms at Cheddleton will be serving hot & cold snacks to eat in or takeaway.
ON THE DAY FARES
- Adult: £14.00
- Senior (60+): £12.00
- Child (4-14): £8.00
- Under 4's: FREE
- Family (2A+2C): £34.00
- Friday Only Tickets: £7.00 (No concessions, purchase on-the-day only)
- Evening Only Tickets: £7.00 (Available after 5pm, purchase on-the-day only)
Admission to the station bars is FREE, however a valid train ticket is required to use the train service (discount available on pre-booked tickets)
Please Note -:
*We will be operating a strict "Think 21" policy, so if you are so lucky to look under 21 years of age proof of ID will be required
*We reserve the right to refuse entry to the railway for any reason without the right for refund
*All our staff are volunteers, and any verbal and/or physical abuse will not be tolerated. We reserve the right to remove any person(s) found to be abusing staff without the right to a refund.
*Smoking is not permitted within any station building or onboard any of our train services